- Legal Representation
- MidPenn Legal Services provides representation to income eligible clients for emergencies such as loss of income, shelter, and medical care. Domestic violence victims do not need to qualify under our income guidelines to receive service.
- Information and Advice
- Many legal problems can be resolved with information and legal advice. MidPenn Legal Services provides advice and information to many families to help them evaluate legal problems.
- Family Law Clinics
- Custody and divorce clinics are available to people who wish to learn about their legal options and file court documents with limited assistance from an advocate.
- Community Legal Education
- MidPenn Legal Services teaches low-income people about their legal rights and responsibilities through community seminars on vairous topics, including welfare and public benefits, landlord/tenant law, domestic violence, elder law, special education, and issues facing teenagers.
- Agency Education
- MidPenn Legal Services trains community and public agency staff on legal issues to help them better serve their clients.
- Pro Bono Project
- Private attorneys within the service area donate their time and expertise to provide legal advice or representation to clients and by participating in community legal education events.
- Disability Advocacy Project
- MidPenn Legal Services receives funding through the PA Department of Public Welfare's Disability Advocacy Program to help individuals receive Social Security Disability and Supplemental Security Income benefits.